Terms and conditions
Booking means your request to reserve the use any of the Facilities for the purpose of your Event.
Booking Details Form means a form outlining operational details of the Booking emailed to you from the Centre 2 weeks before the Booking Period.
Booking Fee means the total amount that is payable under clause 1.3 in relation to the Booking.
Booking Period means the period of the Booking as stated in your welcome letter from us.
Centre means the HC Coombs Centre and grounds at 122A Kirribilli Avenue, Kirribilli, NSW, 2061.
Claim means any claim arising out of and against any damage or loss to person or property, penalties, claims, cost, charges and expenses (including legal fees, expenses and court cost) caused or incurred by you and/or the Guests during the Booking Period.
Conditions means these terms and conditions and the welcome letter we issued to you in relation to your Booking.
Event means the conference or other function to which the Booking relates.
Facilities means the Centre's conference rooms, accommodation and dining room and associated catering options, equipment and other facilities.
GST means any goods and services tax payable as a result of a taxable supply made by RBA to you.
Guest means your guests in the Centre.
RBA/we/us means the Reserve Bank of Australia.
1.2 Deposit, Cancellations, Reductions and Alterations
To confirm your Booking, you are required to:
- pay us a deposit of 50% of the Booking Fee (based on the Original Number of Guests as defined below); and
- return to us a signed copy of these Conditions,
within 14 days of the date of our welcome letter to you (unless we agree otherwise).
All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Except as provided below, if you cancel all or part of the Booking less than 30 days before the Booking Period starts, you are required to pay 100% of the Booking Fee (that is, the remaining 50% of the Booking Fee after payment of the deposit).
Reducing number of Guests
You may request, in relation to your Booking, a reduction in the number of Guests (‘Reduced Number’) from the original number of Guests (‘Original Number’) as stated in the tax invoice for the deposit referred to in clause 1.2. We will adjust the Booking Fee for the Reduced Number as follows:
|Number of days before Booking Period starts||Adjusted Booking Fee for Reduced Number||Example
(based on Original Number of 100 Guests)
|over 30 days||Up to 20% of the Original Number – You will be charged for the Reduced Number only||If Reduced Number of Guests is 80, then you will be charged for 80 Guests only|
|More than 20% of the Original Number – You will be charged for the Reduced Number plus 50% of the number of Guests removed from the Booking||If Reduced Number of Guests is 60, then you will be charged for the 80 Guests (i.e. 60 Guests plus 50% of 40 Guests)|
|29 to 3 business days||Up to 5% of the Original Number – You will be charged for the Reduced Number only||If Reduced Number of Guests is 95, then you will be charged for 95 Guests only|
|More than 5% of the Original Number – You will be charged for the Reduced Number plus 85% of the number of Guests removed from the Booking||If Reduced Number of Guests is 60, then you will be charged for the 94 Guests (i.e. 60 Guests plus 85% of 40 Guests)|
|Less than 3 business days||The Booking Fee will not be adjusted. You will be charged for the Original Number of Guests||You will be charged for 100 Guests|
You may also request to add to the Original Number of Guests up to 3 business days before the Booking Period starts.
You may request other changes to your Booking, which we may accept or reject (in whole or part) at our absolute discretion.
We may reallocate your Booking to another conference room or other Facility which we determine is more suitable for your Booking.
If you amend any of your details less than 48 hours before the Booking Period starts, we may charge for any additional work needed as a result of the changes.
You may request changes to meeting room configuration up to 24 hours prior to the Booking Period. Requests for changes to room configuration within 24 hours are not permitted.
1.3 Pricing and Payment
We review the fees for the Facilities annually which are made effective as of each 1 January. We endeavour to maintain our fees as published but we may change them at anytime without notice.
All prices are inclusive of goods and services tax.
You must pay the balance of the Booking Fee (that is, the Booking Fee less the deposit paid under clause 1.2) which will be calculated based on:
- the Original Number of Guests (if not increased or reduced before the start of the Booking Period );or
- the Reduced Number of Guests in accordance with clause 1.2; or
- the actual number of Guests that have attended the Event, if greater than the Original Number.
Each meeting room requires a minimum number of guests to hire as follows:
|Room||Minimum Number of Guests|
|Lecture Room (Level 1)||18|
|Conference Room (Level 1)||5|
|Kirribilli Room (Level 1)||15|
|Harbour View Room (Level 3)||5|
|Function Room (Level 4)||10|
Should you wish to secure a meeting room with less numbers than the minimum requirement you will be charged for the minimum number of participants.
We will send you a tax invoice for your Booking at the end of the Booking Period. You must pay the balance of the Booking Fee specified in the invoice within 21 days of the invoice date (unless we agree otherwise).
1.4 Payment of GST
You must pay any GST, or reimburse the RBA for any GST:
- on any supply made by RBA to you: and
- in relation to any aspect of these Conditions.
1.5 Your Obligations
You must ensure that:
- the Guests behave in a lawful, proper and respectable manner at all times while in the Centre;
- the total number of Guests using the Facilities at any time does not exceed the maximum stated in your Booking;
- a completed Booking Details Form is provided to the Centre at least 10 days before the Booking Period starts
- none of the Guests smoke in the Centre; and
- you complete and sign the confirmation of Booking supplied by us at least 2 business days before the Booking Period starts.
1.6 Our Obligations
We will, during the Booking Period:
- provide the Guests with, where you have requested and confirmed in your Booking Details Form, breakfast, lunch, morning tea, afternoon tea, and/or dinner and non-alcoholic beverages (during meals only), and make available to Guests any customary concierge, cleaning and other services which are currently available at the Centre; and
- at the request of Guests, arrange external laundry and dry cleaning services. The Guests are responsible for payment of the cost of such laundry and dry cleaning services directly to the relevant service provider.
All services and goods provided by the RBA will be at the usual standard provided by the RBA at the Centre in its use as a training facility. We do not provide room service or valet services.
2. Your Responsibility
You are liable for any damage to the Centre and any other property in the Centre or any injury to any Guest or your employees, representatives, sub-contractors that was caused directly or indirectly by any act or omission on your part or on the part of any of your employees, representatives, sub-contractors or Guests. Under no circumstances can anything be nailed, screwed, stapled or adhered to walls, ceiling, doors, floor or other surfaces which are or could reasonably be considered a part of the Centre or the Facilities (unless we agree otherwise).
You are also liable for any damage or theft of any your property or that of your Guests, employees, representatives, sub-contractors in the Centre. You should ensure that your Guests, employees, representatives, sub-contractors take particular care of mobile phones and laptops and not to leave them unattended anywhere in the Centre.
You must also compensate the RBA for the cost of any service or goods supplied by or on behalf of the RBA to any Guest, or any cleaning requirements which the Centre considers to be in excess of general cleaning.
The Centre will take all possible care, but accepts no responsibility or liability for any loss, damage or injury to your property or that of your Guests, employees, representatives, sub-contractors in the Centre. You should arrange for their own insurance including but not limited to personal liability insurance, public risk insurance, personal property insurance and workers' compensation insurance.
The RBA may, in its sole discretion, cancel your Booking, including during the Booking Period, by giving you at least 24 hours' written notice.
If the RBA cancels your Booking because you breached a provision of these Conditions, the RBA will not refund any payment you made to it under these Conditions. If the RBA cancels your Booking for any other reason, the RBA will refund to you, on a prorated basis, the applicable amount paid for the unused portion of the Booking.
5. No Assignment
You may not assign your rights under the Booking.
The Reserve Bank is committed to conducting all aspects of alcohol service at the H.C. Coombs Centre for Financial Studies (the Centre) in a professional and responsible manner. Staff of the Centre will take all reasonable steps to ensure that alcohol is served and consumed responsibly, and that all aspects of its licensed operations are managed responsibly. They will do this by implementing a harm-minimisation program that conforms to the requirements of the NSW Liquor Act 2007 and Liquor Regulations 2008.
The Reserve Bank will, to the extent reasonably practicable, under the program:
- Engage staff with Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) qualifications
- Provide staff with relevant training, information and support required to carry out responsible service of alcohol
- Ensure that the sale and supply of liquor is ancillary to the sale of food and conference/training products at its functions
- Refuse service of alcohol to minors
- Ensure minors are accompanied by a responsible adult at all times in licensed areas
- Enforce evidence of age checks
- Remove intoxicated persons from licensed areas
- Display regulatory signs in licensed areas
- Prohibit alcohol being brought into the Centre from external sources and, if any alcohol is nevertheless brought into the Centre by guests from external sources, confiscate the alcohol and return it to them upon departure at the end of their booking
- Prohibit alcohol sold at the Centre from being taken offsite
- Ensure safe transport options are available for patrons
- Ensure consumption of alcohol at the Centre does not detract from the amenity of the local community
Comply with the following site specific licence conditions:
- Trade only between the hours of 12.00 pm and 11.30 pm Monday–Saturday and 12.00pm and 10.00 pm on Sundays
- Prohibit the consumption of alcohol in any outside area after 9.00 pm
- Restrict consumption of alcohol to beer and wine only
- Enforce house rules to ensure noise levels are minimised after 9.00 pm, e.g. restricted access outside after 9.00 pm
In order to assist the Centre in performing these functions, groups that attend the Centre and request the service of alcohol may be required to nominate an RSA marshal. In the event of a group member becoming intoxicated, the nominated RSA marshal will be notified by Centre staff and will be responsible for removing the guest from the licensed area by either:
- escorting them to their accommodation at the Centre; or
- arranging an escort to take them home.
Staff of the Centre will implement this policy in conjunction with the Bank's risk-based health and safety program to ensure a healthy and safe workplace and venue is provided to all persons working at or visiting the Centre.
Coombs Centre Administration
10 January 2022